Tuesday, September 18, 2012

~Reporting to the Missionary Training Center Tomorrow (MTC)~


"Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men. Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work; For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul.

If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband/wife, you will be a better father/mother, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power.

~  President Gordon B. Hinckley (Former Prophet) ~

I’m reporting to the MTC tomorrow on Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 at 12:45PM! Father Time sure did fast-forwarded time super quick! I’m really grateful to have this opportunity to serve a mission.  I’m excited and of course nervous! I’m sure that I’ll be on a unique once-in-lifetime opportunity and experience! I’m excited of the journey that lies in store for me! I’m sure that in serving a mission that I will learn a lot about the gospel, developing my spiritual knowledge, and as well about how the world and life is which will mold me to be more independent, more focus toward what I need to do and my goals, knowing how to make decisions on your own, handling life-eventful situations on your own, and etc.
Of course I will miss you all family and friends! I’ll do my best to keep in contact, responding to all of your e-mails and letters. However, in case I’m too busy caught up working and things to do that I won’t have time to get back to everyone on a particular week, it’ll take me a bit to get back to you personally, but for sure I’ll have my blog updated weekly so you guys are still connected with me! May our Heavenly Father bless you all! Stay healthy, sane, and safe! I don’t want to come home and hear all the craziness that had happened haha. Just kidding! I’ll have a lot of catching up to do with everyone when I get back in eighteen months!
Love You All! Until We Meet Again!
~ Angelina

If you’re interested in learning more about what’s the MTC is all about, here’s the link:

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=296&sid=14959815
    Here is a link to a report on "Life inside the MTC"

    ReplyDelete