Thursday, September 13, 2012

~ Sharing One Of My Pre-Online MTC Assignments ~

One of the pre-online MTC assignments that I had to do was to create a profile page on mormon.org. I think that I did pretty good job giving a brief background about myself and testimony! I'm posting what I wrote on the website on here as well:

About Me:

 Hello, I'm from California! I'm a convert to the church; I converted when I was twelve years of age. Finding and knowing the truth is the easy part, but making the transition to completely follow the Lord's standards that took me a little while. Now looking back, I realized that everyone has their own journey to fulfill, because everyone has their own spiritual progress to experience, and to gain their own personal testimony. I'm truly grateful of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Christ's true church restored in our day, and the testimony that I have. I've graduated from high school, and obtained my AA in psychology from the local junior college that I've attend. Now I'm going on a mission for 18 months before furthering my education at BYU!

Why I am a Mormon:  

 Why I am a Mormon? I have to bear my testimony because I know that this is Christ's true church here restored on earth once again in our days. I know that our Heavenly Father is an eternal God, therefore His words, His works, His organization and plans for His children, and His priesthood are eternal, meaning that there's no end, and that it will carry on forever. Just as in the days before Christ there was prophets and apostles; during Christ's time, Christ was the prophet, He organized His church in the fullness bestowing priesthood authority to His twelve apostles and quorums of seventies that He called. After Christ's death came the period of apostasy, and during the time of Joesph Smith our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ fully restored His church and exact organization in its original form and purpose once again on earth. I could always see this picture and easily put together the truth. Growing up, I always knew what was right from wrong, and know the truth easily when being involve in any situation. I'm really glad to have this testimony. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

How I Live My Faith:

 The truth is that we are all human beings, we're not perfect, and we do come face trails and temptations just like everyone else. However, the goal is to do and be the best you can be, striving for perfection as our perfect beings and example of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We all should be following and obeying the following scripture from the Book of Mormon, "Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn, yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life - " (Mosiah 18:9). This is how I live my faith, by trying and striving toward eternal exhalation, by doing and being the best that I can be. I always regularly attend church every Sunday and to all church meetings. I faithfully do and fulfill my visiting teaching calling. I serve those that need my service. I strive my best to be a worthy daughter of our Heavenly Father, a worthy daughter to my parents, a worthy sister to my sister, and a worthy friend to everyone by setting the best example that I could. The bottom line is this, "Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen" (Mosiah 5:15).

Here's the actual website link for everyone to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment